Interdisciplinary summer school, PhD-course on flexible energy systems
The University of Bergen (UiB), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and the University of Oslo (UiO) have the pleasure of inviting all PhD-students working within the fields of energy to the 2020 interdisciplinary summer school on flexible energy systems. This year’s summer school will take place in the Bergen region. The overall focus will be flexible energy systems with a particular emphasis on wind, solar, hydrogen and the interactions between these technologies. As part of an interdisciplinary approach, the participants will also gain insight into legal and financial framework conditions of the new emerging technologies. We encourage all students working in the field of energy to apply!
The summer school will be held at Bjørnafjorden Hotell at Os, 45 minutes by car from Bergen city centre.
What can you expect?
- Lectures by leading researchers and experts from industry and public administration
- Excursions with a total of 4-5 site visits to relevant actors in the Bergen region and at Stord
- The opportunity to interact with top scholars and experts, as well as with other summer school students from a wide range of disciplines
- A collaborative educational environment—participants will work in interdisciplinary groups throughout the week on a topical project
- Networking opportunities and social events.
Application deadline: June 1st 2020
The course qualifies for 5 ECTS credits, provided that the PhD-student do a pre-work assignment, contribute actively in group work and write a final report (to be handed in 4-6 weeks after the summer school).
- Participation fee: Approx. NOK 7500, which covers full board. In addition, the participants must cover their own travel to Bjørnafjorden Hotel.
Because of the corona virus we may decide to cancel the Summer School 2020. A final desicion will be taken on June 15th, in this case all registered participants will receive a 100% refund.
- For more information: Contact Øystein Moen, firstname.lastname@example.org