In collaboration with the NorRen Summer School, the two Norwegian centres for environment-friendly energy research (FME centres), Bio4Fuels and MoZEES, will organize an interdisciplinary PhD summer school on the energy transition in the transport sector. This one-week programme targets PhDs doing research that is related to sustainable transport solutions, from both natural sciences and social sciences. The overall objective is to provide participants with a comprehensive overview of current and future challenges. Throughout the week, students, professionals, academics and experts within relevant fields will work together to develop a better understanding of the major issues facing the transport sector. Key topics include biofuels, hydrogen and batteries - for road, rail and sea. There will be a focus on complete value chains, covering not just technologies, but also looking into socio-economic factors, policies and regulations as well as completely new business models.
The summer school will be held at Quality Hotel Leangkollen in Asker, Norway
What can you expect?
- Lectures by leading international researchers and industry experts
- 1 or 2 excursions to relevant sites
- The opportunity to discuss with top scholars and experts, as well as with other summer school students from a wide range of disciplines
- A collaborative educational environment— participants will work in interdisciplinary groups throughout the week on a topical project
- Networking opportunities and social events
The course qualifies for 5 ECTS credits provided that the PhD-student do a pre-work assignment, contribute actively in group work and write a final report.
- Participation fee: Approx. NOK 7000,- covers full board. Participation fee must be paid within May 15th. Payment form will be announced later. In addition, the participants must cover travel to/from Asker railway station.