The course will be given in spring 2017. The course will give a performance of the different structure elements of solar cells (contacts, doping, pn-junctions, etc.).
Directional solidification and growth process.
Precipitation and the effect of precipitates on material properties.
Characterization of silicon wafers:
- Preparation of wafers (polishing, etching, etc.).
- Grain boundaries, grain size and grain orientations (SEM, EBSD. etc.).
- Dislocation density measurements (Optical, PVScan).
- Resistivity/life time measurements.
- Chemical analysis (SEM, GDMS, FTIR)
- Inclusions (Infrared microscopy, dissolution).
Effect of microstructures on the effeciency of solar cells.